TOTUM codes are used for 2 purposes; verification and/or a discounted membership. The organisation issuing the code to you will confirm if it is a verification-only code or to provide you with a discounted/free membership.
Your verification code will come in one of two possible formats, please click below to be directed to the correct redemption method to follow;
- How to redeem a verification/voucher code link
- How to redeem a verification/voucher code
- My code is still not working
How to redeem a verification/voucher code link
If you have been provided with a code link, it will appear in a similar format to the example below. Please follow these steps to redeem your own unique link.
1) Click your unique code to open it in your browser. Register your personal email address on this step, be sure to check for typos, because your code will lock to your email address at this stage.
2) On the next steps confirm your password, your consent options and then your name and date of birth
3) Next you will need to confirm your study details. If your code was provided directly by your place of study then this will automatically populate in the first field. If your code was provided from another scheme such as the Lloyds student bank account promotion you will need to set your own place of study and course details to proceed.
4) If your code was provided for a free membership you will see a summary of the free card as shown below. From here you just need to upload your photo and confirm the delivery address to finalise your order.
If the code provided to you is for verification purposes only you will land on the bundle selection step, here you can select the membership type and duration and then proceed to finalise your order.
How to redeem a verification/voucher code
This type of code will come in either a 5 digit format or a code ranging from 12 - 20 digits, they can both be redeemed on the same step of our application.
1) Begin your application at https://app.totum.com/ and register with your personal email address. Please note if you have a 5 digit code you need to register with the same email address linked to the account you generated your code from.
2) On the next steps confirm your password, your consent options and then your name and date of birth.
3) Next enter your place of study, ensuring you select the same organisation that provided the code to you - they must match for your code to be accepted.
4) You will now see the verification options available through the organisation you are applying through, please select the 'verify by code' as shown below. Simply click this option and enter your code.
5) If your code was provided for a free membership you will see a summary of the free card as shown below. From here you just need to upload your photo and confirm the delivery address to finalise your order.
My code is still not working
Code redemption should be quick and easy to follow, but if you do get stuck at any point in the process, please check the following pointers;
- Ensure the place of study you enter on TOTUM matches the organisation that provided the code to you.
- If you generated a 5-digit code to verify with on TOTUM, please ensure you register with us using the same email address that you used to log in to your place of studies/membership bodies website with.
- Most codes provided by organisations are to be used for verification purposes only. If you have redeemed your code and are being asked to pay, but were expecting a free card, please double-check with the organisation who provided the code if it is for a free TOTUM card or for verification only.
- Cookies stored on your browser from previous application attempts may cause issues - try clearing your browser cookies and then login back in to re-enter your voucher code.