If your place of study doesn't appear in the list, give the following tips a go:
- Try typing the name in a different order i.e. Sheffield University instead of University of Sheffield.
- Check if your school or college has recently changed its name (to an academy for example).
- Check if your place of study is affiliated to the NUS - you can check on the list here.
- If you’re studying with a professional/distance learning provider they may not appear on the application without a voucher code code. Please contact your place of study to see if you are eligible for a voucher code to verify with. You can then enter this on the 3rd step of our application to verify with.
Providing your place of study helps us;
- Verify that you’re a student
- Prove you’re eligible for a TOTUM membership.
- Know where to deliver your card if you collect it from your place of study.
- Provide info on events, groups and offers from in and around your place of study.
If you attend a college or university you can use one of three ways to verify your status;
- Your university portal – just login with your uni email and password and you’ll be verified quickly.
- Place of study email address – we’ll email you a special link to your place of study email address to verify you.
- Collection from your place of study – you can also verify your student status in person by collecting your TOTUM card from your place of study
The TOTUM card is available to students aged 16 or over, studying full or part-time in further or higher education.
- Your course should require at least 10 hours study weekly for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- In addition, courses carried out by professional learners should also be a recognised, accredited course.
Certain exceptions apply, please contact your learning provider for more information.T&Cs apply
If you are a student with a distance learning or online course provider then you may be eligible to apply with a voucher code provided directly by your training provider. This code can easily be entered on the 3rd step of our application process to verify you as a student. Please contact your training provider directly to request your voucher code.
Unfortunately, if you’re studying for an apprenticeship, you’re not currently eligible for a TOTUM card - but don’t fret! You may be eligible for an Apprentice extra card with loads of similar great discounts and offers.