If your place of study doesn't appear in the list, give the following tips a go:
- Try typing the name in a different order i.e. Sheffield University instead of University of Sheffield.
- Check if your school or college has recently changed its name (to an academy for example).
- Check if your place of study is affiliated to the NUS - you can check on the list here.
- If you’re studying with a professional training provider and they’re not listed, please check with your training provider. They might be able to give you an access code via email.
Providing your place of study helps us;
- Verify that you’re a student
- Prove you’re eligible for a TOTUM membership.
- Know where to deliver your card if you collect it from your place of study.
- Provide info on events, groups and offers from in and around your place of study.
We use one of three ways to verify your status;
- Your university portal – just login with your uni email and password and you’ll be verified quickly.
- Place of study email address – we’ll email you a special link to your place of study email address to verify you.
- Collection from your place of study – you can also verify your student status in person by collecting your TOTUM card from your place of study
- The TOTUM card is available to students aged 16 or over, studying full or part-time in further or higher education.
- Your course should require at least 10 hours study weekly for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- In addition, courses carried out by professional learners should also be a recognised, accredited course.
Certain exceptions apply, please contact your learning provider for more information.T&Cs apply
Unfortunately, if you’re studying for an apprenticeship, you’re not currently eligible for a TOTUM card - but don’t fret! You may be eligible for an Apprentice extra card with loads of similar great discounts and offers.